Error H101 is a common H series error that can occur while accessing the company file in multi-user mode. Users can’t open or work on their company files because of QuickBooks error H101, which can happen for many different reasons. If you get QuickBooks Error H101, there may be a problem with the multi-user hosting configuration. If you want to get rid of this error without someone’s help, follow and implement the solutions in this blog post.
If you find it difficult to implement the solutions in this blog post, you can contact us at +1(855)-738-0359
Common Causes of the QuickBooks Error H101
Any of the following reasons could cause error H101 in QuickBooks Desktop.
- The settings for hosting on your server computer are incorrect, and you need to change them.
- The Windows firewall is creating trouble for QuickBooks to connect to the company file.
- The location of the company file has changed, and QuickBooks is still accessing it from the old location.
- The network data file, which is needed to connect to the company file, is either damaged or missing.
- Some crucial services like QBDBMgrN and QBCFMonitorService are not running on the system.
Recommended To Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 80040408 – Why QB Couldn’t Start
How to Fix QuickBooks Company File Error H101 in No Time?
If you follow the steps below, you should be able to fix the QuickBooks multi-user error H101 instantly.
Solution 1: Launch Database Server Manager to Enable the Multi-User Mode
Fixing the QB error code H101 is as easy as launching and running the QuickBooks database server manager on your system.
- Go to Intuit’s website and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the downloaded file to an easy-to-find place so you can access it later.
- Double-click the Tool Hub icon to launch it, and then go to the Network Issues tab.
- Choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option to launch it, and then browse your company file and hit the Start Scan button.
- Start the scan, and if the file doesn’t run, look for your QB company file manually and let the QuickBooks database server manager fix any issues with it.
- Click ‘Close,’ then open QuickBooks Desktop again on your computer and go to the File menu.
- Select the option to Switch to Multi-User Mode to allow multi-user hosting, and then check to see if error H101 is resolved.
Solution 2: Remove QuickBooks from the List of Programs Blocked by the Firewall
To remove QuickBooks from the firewall-restricted programs list, follow the instructions below.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window, then type ‘Control Panel’ to go to the System and Security menu.
- Choose Windows Defender Firewall and click on ‘Allow an app through the firewall’ to get to the list of apps.
- Choose QuickBooks from the list of apps and click OK to remove it from the list of blocked programs.
- Now, rerun QuickBooks and see if you can access the company file without any problems or errors.
Also Read: How To File QuickBooks Form 941 In Desktop: e-File and e-Pay?
If you follow the steps in this guide, you can easily fix the QuickBooks Error H101 without the help of an expert. If the problem keeps coming back, you can dial +1(855)-738-0359 to get help from our support team.