If your QuickBooks application is malfunctioning and terminating without any warning, you may be experiencing the issue where QuickBooks Desktop keeps crashing. This issue is prevalent among users running QuickBooks on Windows OS and is typically caused by corrupted programs or Windows system files. There are additional potential causes for why your QuickBooks Desktop stops working, which are discussed below. Using some effective solutions, we will assist you in resolving this application issue once and for all.
If you are unable to fix your frequently crashing QuickBooks Desktop software on your own, you can contact us at +1(855)-738-0359 for technical support
What are the Root Causes of the QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly Problem?
If your QuickBooks Desktop keeps stopping, one or more of the following may be to blame:
- The company file you are attempting to access has a lengthy name, or it may contain special characters and spaces.
- Crashing issues can also be caused by a damaged or corrupted QBWUSER.INI file, which stores all information about program registration.
- Important QuickBooks components are corrupted or malfunctioned, or the installation files are having some issues.
- Your Windows operating system has become outdated and requires immediate installation of the most recent updates.
- The hard drive containing your application has become corrupted, causing QuickBooks to terminate unexpectedly.
- There may be a problem with your QB company file, or it may be damaged or corrupted.
Read More: QuickBooks Payroll Error 20102
Practical Methods to Prevent QuickBooks from Closing Unexpectedly
If your QuickBooks continues to terminate, you can resolve the issue by implementing the solutions provided below –
Solution 1: Install the Most Recent QuickBooks Updates to Get Rid of Internal Bugs
You must update QuickBooks to the most recent version in order to resolve the issue.
- To utilize your administrative privileges, right-click the QB Desktop icon on your Windows Desktop and select the Run as Administrator option.
- Enter the login credentials for the administrator account and press Enter to access the QB Desktop as an admin.
- Select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the Help menu to access the QuickBooks Update window.
- From the Update Now tab, select Get Updates to prompt QuickBooks to obtain the latest updates, and then wait for the download to finish.
- Select the Install Now option to install the downloaded updates, and then launch the upgraded application to check if the error has been resolved.
Solution 2: Quickly Run a Repair Using QuickBooks with QB Tool Hub
The most common cause of the QuickBooks crashing issue is a problem with the program; you can fix it with the instructions below.
- Launch the tool hub and navigate to the Program Problems tab in order to locate the Quick Fix My Program utility.
- launch the tool to identify and resolve the program errors, and then relaunch QuickBooks to determine whether the QB application is operating without errors.
Using the solutions provided in this article, the Quickbooks Desktop Keeps Crashing issue can be effectively addressed. If the problem persists, you can contact us at +1(855)-738-0359 for prompt assistance from our team of experts.